After their #OnlineQuarantineParty, which was streamed by thousands of fans, DJs Shimza and PH took their vibe to Channel O.
PH says: “Shimza hit me up and hit the rest of us up. Before he even finished the sentence I was like ‘Yo, where and when?’.
Now PH, Shimza and many other renowned South African DJ’s play their sets on #LockdownHouseParty every Friday and Saturday night from 6pm to midnight on Channel O. If you use the hashtag, your tweet might be shown live!
How to watch Channel O for free
Channel O is one of the channels MultiChoice has made free to all South Africans during the 21-day lockdown. Literally anyone can watch it on DStv Now, which is basically the online version of DStv. You don’t need to be a DStv subscriber, you just need to sign up here.
In the past two weeks on the #LockdownHouseParty, we got to see some of SA’s most loved DJs, such as the likes of DJ Fresh, Tira, Zinhle and Maphorisa heat up the dancein association with Hunters Cider.
Twitter was a VIBE. Here are some of the tweets we faved:
How to sign up for DStv Now and join the #LockdownHouseParty
- Go to now.dstv.com and Sign Up.
- Fill in an email address, mobile number and choose a strong password.
- Click Create an Account.
- Not a DStv subscriber: click Skip at the bottom of the form.
For DStv subscribers: link the DStv account to DStv Now by filling in the DStv account holder’s ID number, DStv smartcard number, or DStv customer number.
- Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- Log in and start watching online at now.dstv.com, or download the DStv Now app (iOS + Android) to your phone or tablet or smart TV.
- Go to Live and find Channel O (320).
Tips for saving data while you stream
Streaming on uncapped WiFi is first prize, but if you’re using mobile data, choose the lowest quality setting for your video. Go to Settings, Video Quality and select Low to use less data.