It hasn’t even been a month since Mondli first appeared on The River, but he’s already causing havoc. The character, played by Wiseman Zitha, has become a hot topic on social media not only for his good looks, but also because he’s now dating Andile’s fiancé.
Mondli and Njabulo formed a strong bond when they were in Argentina together and things are serious between them. Their relationship came as a shock because Andile and Njabulo were a very strong pair.
The lovebirds survived a lot of turmoil, including Lindiwe’s homophobic comments and other vicious attacks, and they proved to be a solid unit until Mondli came into the picture.
Since joining the award-winning telenovela, the new character has certainly kept viewers on their toes. So, who is the man behind this fascinating role? We’ve gathered a few interesting facts that you might not know about Wiseman.
- The Tsonga-speaking actor grew up in Limpopo.
- He studied drama at the Tshwane University of Technology.
- Wiseman is also a model and has walked the runway for big shows such as South African Fashion Week. His modelling dates all the way back to high school, where he used to participate in pageants.
- He got his big break in acting on SABC 2’s Giyani: Land of Blood. This was his very first audition and he nailed it!
- When he’s not walking the runway or going through scripts, Wiseman is busy with his YouTube channel, which he hopes will grow even bigger.
Although the actor is still new to the scene, he’s already stealing the show. His star is still on the rise and we’re looking forward to watching him grow in the South African entertainment industry.